Winter Citrus Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon rounded dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz. mixed baby greens about 3 cups, packed
- 2 cups orange grapefruit, and/or Meyer lemon slices (fresh or canned, drained of liquid)
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 oz. baby portobella mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
Whisk ingredients for dressing together in the bottom of a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Add the greens, citrus slices, red onion, mushrooms, and toasted almonds to the bowl. Toss to mix well.