Vegan Sweet Potato Bread 1 Bowl
- 1.75 cups (218.75 g) flour (I use a mix of 3/4 cup wheat and 1 cup all purpose), See GF option in Notes below
- 1/2 cup (80 g) coconut sugar , or other fine sugar, add 2 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh cranberries or mixed berries
- 3/4 (0.75 ) scant cup sweet potato puree (I use canned puree), or use well mashed boiled or steamed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) non dairy milk
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) lime juice or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (3 tbsp) oil or omit
- Preheat your oven to 365F (185°C). Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Whisk 1.5 cups flour with the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add berries and mix.
- Mix vinegar into the non-dairy milk. then add it to the dry ingredients. Add sweet potato puree and oil and mix well to combine into a smooth batter. If the batter is too thin then add more flour a few tbsp at a time. (If you are baking muffins, you can keep the batter less stiff. For loafs or larger volume baking, you want the batter to be thicker, stiff with a more dry to moist ratio ad the sweet potato puree will leak moisture during baking.)**
- Spoon the sweet potato bread dough into your prepared loaf pan. (Add a streusel if you like. )
Bake at 365 deg F (185 C) for 55 to 60 mins. (25 mins for muffins). Check with a toothpick from the center. Cool for 10 mins then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Store on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto a 5 days.