Vegan Funfetti Donuts with Coconut Buttercream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil (microwaved for 10 seconds)
- 1 flax egg (1 tsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Coconut Buttercream:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Almond milk to thin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine flax egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and sprinkles. Mix until batter is formed.
- Spoon batter into donut rounds about ¾ way filled.
- Add additional sprinkles atop each donut.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Clean your mixer bowl, and use for buttercream next. Buttercream is best made using an electric mixer.
- Add in powdered sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Turn on mixer at a high speed. Almost like you’re making whipped cream.
- Add almond milk to thin texture while mixing. Keep mixing until buttercream texture is formed.
- When donuts are baked, spread buttercream atop each donut, and garnish with sprinkles atop each one!