Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar organic
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 cup dairy free butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Mix the flax seed meal and water and set aside so that it can thicken.
Cream both the sugars and vegan butter together until it is light and fluffy.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Spoon by heaping teaspoons on an ungreased Baking Sheet about 2″ apart.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.