Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar organic
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 cup dairy free butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the flax seed meal and water and set aside so that it can thicken.
- Cream both the sugars and vegan butter together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon by heaping teaspoons on an ungreased Baking Sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.