Vegan Banana Donuts Recipe Baked
- 1/4 cup (0.02 ml) maple syrup add 1 to 2 tbsp coconut sugar or other sugar depends on the sweetness of the bananas
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 (1.5 ) small ripe bananas or about 2/3 cup mashed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted or other oil or use smooth nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup (187.5 g) flour I use 3/4 cup spelt/whole wheat + 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour or all unbleached all purpose
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp active yeast optional
- 1 tsp ground spices or spice blend of choice such as cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- Blend all the wet ingredients until smooth and pour into a bowl. Or mash the banana really well, then whisk the rest of the ingredients in.
- Add the 1 1/4 cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients, and mix well to combine. Add more flour a tbsp at a time to make a somewhat stiff batter. You can add some nuts, seeds, chopped dates or mini chocolate chips at this point and mix in.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 mins. Grease the donut pan and pour the mixture into the pan (use a spoon or pour into a ziploc/pastry bag and pipe into the pan). Let sit for another 15 mins to rise.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 C)for 18 to 20 mins. Cool for 5 mins then remove from the pan. Cool completely(cover by a light towel to cool). Glaze with chocolate glaze, or regular sugar icing, or cashew cream frosting and some toasted coconut. or toss in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Store on the counter for the day, refrigerated for upto 4 days.