The Best Turkey Chili
- 1 pound ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can ro-tel, NOT drained
- 1 (46 ounce) container tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste**
- *If you enjoy spicy chili I would increase this to 3 tablespoons of chili powder.
- **remember if serving with Fritos or crackers the dish will get a good dose of salt from your toppings
- Brown 1 pound of ground turkey over medium heat in a medium size sauce pot or dutch oven.
- Drain off any grease
- Add drained and rinsed beans, undrained ro-tel, tomato juice and spices.
- Stir well.
- Allow chili to simmer over medium low heat uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until the tomato juice has reduced and thickened.
- Serve with Fritos, shredded cheddar and green onions!