The Best Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce , (120ml)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, (80ml)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, (60ml)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, (40g)
- 2 tablespoons honey, (30ml)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, (10g)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 steaks, (ribeye, New York strip, porterhouse, T-bone, skirt, sirloin, flank, flat iron)
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, red onion, honey, green onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of the steak marinade and red wine vinegar, set aside.
- Add steak to a baking dish or large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Press out the excess air if using a ziplock bag.
- Flip steak over and marinate an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture from the surface.
- Discard marinade.
- Cook steaks using the desired cooking method, such as pan sear, reverse sear, or grill.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour reserved marinade over the steak or serve on the side.
The recipe makes 1 cup of marinade. One cup of marinade is needed per 2 pounds of steak. Increase recipe size as needed.