The Best Baked Chicken Wings Recipe Ever
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into thirds (wing tips, drumettes, flats)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot buffalo sauce or hot peri peri sauce
To Bake Crispy Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two large baking sheets (with a large rim) with parchment paper or foil.
- Set a wire rack (preferably a nonstick rack, or lightly greased) over baking sheets.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Divide wings between wire racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- For extra crunch, broil under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes per side – watch CAREFULLY to make sure wings don’t burn or over-crisp.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in sauce pot until foamy.
- Vigorously whisk in sauce until well combined.
To Coat the Buffalo Wings:
- Pat wings dry out of oven with paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, add wings.
- Drizzle sauce over wings and toss vigorously until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.