Thai Red Curry Mussels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 can lite coconut milk (14 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 lbs. mussels, debearded and scrubbed (about 30 mussels)
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- french bread for dipping (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and ginger and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and red curry paste. Add in half the cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mussels. Cover the wok and continue to cook until the mussels open. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves, fish sauce and lime juice. Cook for another minute.
- Serve in a large bowl with a side of french bread for dipping. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top.