Taco Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- avocado for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut each pepper in half and remove the vein and the seeds. Place the peppers face down in a microwave safe dish. Cover peppers with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and allow peppers to cool.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until crumbled and no longer pink. Season beef with chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, onion powder, garlic, and salt. Stir in beans and salsa.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to the beef mixture.
- Divide the beef mixture between the peppers and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover peppers with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 5-`0 minutes or until peppers are soft and cheese has melted.
- Top peppers with quest fresco and avocado chunks just before serving.