- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup tortilla strips plus more for garnish
- 2/3 cup catalina salad dressing can also use ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- cilantro leaves for garnish optional
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a spatula, for 3 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until meat is done. Cool for 5 minutes.
Place the meat, lettuce, beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cheese, olives and tortilla strips in a bowl.
Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Add the sour cream on top of the salad along with additional tortilla strips and cilantro leaves for garnish, then serve.