- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup tortilla strips plus more for garnish
- 2/3 cup catalina salad dressing can also use ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- cilantro leaves for garnish optional
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a spatula, for 3 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until meat is done. Cool for 5 minutes.
Place the meat, lettuce, beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cheese, olives and tortilla strips in a bowl.
Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Add the sour cream on top of the salad along with additional tortilla strips and cilantro leaves for garnish, then serve.
Source recipes and image credit