Sunflower Seed Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup dairy free butter softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seed meal
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
Cut parchment paper to fit inside a baking sheet.
Add dairy free butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on medium low speed for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix chia seed meal with 6 tablespoons water and set aside.
In a medium bowl mix together flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
To the butter mixture add vanilla and chia seed egg mixture. Mix until well blended.
Mix in the flour mixture a little at a time.
On low speed add chocolate chips and sunflower seeds.
Form into 24 round balls and set on the prepared baking sheet about 2″ apart. Flatten to about 1/2″ thick.
Bake at 375° for 8 to 9 minutes.
After they have cooled keep them in a cool dry place or the refrigerator or the freezer.