Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 medium chicken breasts, butterflied (if using large chicken breasts, as in video, only use two – keep all other ingredients the same. Serving size will still be 4.)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup+ pasta sauce, i prefer a spicy basil sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully slice chicken breasts in half, keeping them in-tact, so they open like a butterfly.
- Salt and pepper liberally, add spices (if you like extra garlicky chicken parm, you can add as much as 2 cloves per chicken breast!)
- Add sauce and cheeses, as well as some chopped basil (I sometimes put in whole basil leaves- but that is up to you and how much basil you like.)
- Add to an elevated pan (the kind that drips down below) or wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Cover pan with parchment paper.
- Check chicken’s temp at 30 minutes and adjust cook time if needed to get to 160 degrees.
- When chicken is 160 degrees, sprinkle a little extra cheese on top and continue baking (if you’re baking in foil, make sure the foil is open at this part or remove parchment paper from top of pan) for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Top with additional chopped basil and enjoy!