Steak Lo Mein
- 1 12 ounce package of spaghetti noodles (I used Barilla gluten free)
- 1 pound sliced steak (flank or top round work well)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (just use one if you prefer a mild taste)
- sesame seeds and red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, honey, oil and garlic together in a small measuring cup or bowl. Stir until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- When noodles are tender, drain and rinse with warm water. Place back into pot and drizzle sauce over noodles. Toss to coat. Cover noodles and keep warm. Be careful not to let them harden.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Place steak strips in skillet. Let the steak cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes to get a good color.
- Stir steak and cook 2-3 minutes more, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and add sliced bell pepper and onion. Let cook for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add cooked steak, peppers and onion to noodle mixture.
- Toss mixture so that everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes if desired.