Spinach & Cheese Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 pkge Fresh Spinach (chopped up)
- 1 TB Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (topping)
- The squash can be boiled or baked – and in this recipe, it is baked. Start with slicing the squash in half. If you want to soften it before cutting, you can microwave it for 3 minutes. (be sure to pierce it in several places so it doesn’t burst).
- Rub the squash with a little olive oil and place face down on a baking sheet for 40 minutes (or until tender).
- After the squash is cooked (and cooled), spoon out the seeds then use a fork to pull out the strands of spaghetti.
- Cook the spinach and sauce while the spaghetti squash is baking. Start with slightly cooking the spinach in olive oil in a large pan until wilted. Then add the cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Stir until blended.
- Mix the spinach and sauce with the forked spaghetti squash until blended.
- Scoop out the mixture into the shell of the squash and mix. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You can also serve out of the shell on a plate. Top with mozzarella cheese and some additional parmesan cheese on top, if desired.