Spicy Sausage Black Bean Pasta
- 1 link andouille sausage (1/2 a pack of Johnsonville Andouille Sausage)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can rotel
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used Gluten Free Barilla Rotini)
- 1 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning* (or spices listed below)
- 1 cup cheese
- chopped green onions for garnish
- Thinly slice sausage, and finely chop the onion. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and saute until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. (3-4 minutes)
- Add the can of drained and rinsed black beans, the undrained cans of rotel and tomato sauce.. Stir in the cup of water, dry pasta, and taco seasoning (or spices*)
- Cover skillet and reduce heat to medium low. Let the mixture simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is tender, stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, and top with remaining 1/4 cheese, place lid back on pasta just until cheese melts. Top with chopped green onions.