Spicy Kung Pao Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup corn starch + 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (La Choy is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (You can half this amount if you don’t like spicy things. I’m looking at you, Mom!)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut up your chicken breast into bite sized pieces, place in a large plastic bag with 3/4 cup of corn starch, lightly shake until all of the chicken is coated well.
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat, pour in just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook chicken in batches, take care not to over crowd your skillet. I cooked about 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet in order to drain off as much oil as possible. Continue until all chicken is cooked.
- Combine the next 6 ingredients in a small bowl or measuring up to make your sauce. Set aside.
- Combine one tablespoon of water with one tablespoon of corn starch and mix well.
- Drain off any oil that is in your pan and wipe clean, heat to medium, add in soy sauce mixture and corn starch mixture, add in chicken and stir until mixture is evenly coated and heated through.
- Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper if desired.