Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (236ml) of your favorite salsa
- 1 (4 oz) (113g) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with all of the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. I don’t recommend cooking this on high or for longer than 6 hours as the chicken can overcook and become dry or mushy.
- You may remove the chicken from the crock pot or leave it in and shred it in there. Use as much or as little juice as you desire. I like to use all of the juice and cook the shredded chicken in the juice for about 15-20 minutes so it can soak up more flavor. If there is a lot of liquid drain some off.
- Serve or use as desired.