Skip to content
Veggie Packed Potato Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 large russet potatoes, quartered
- 1 (32 ounce) carton of chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) block reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the thinly sliced leeks. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they are tender.
- Scrape the leeks into the bottom of a large slow cooker. Add the onions, carrots and garlic cloves.
- Top with quartered potatoes and the chicken broth.
- Cook on low for up to 8 hours.
- When ready to serve turn off slow cooker and add the cream cheese in small cubes. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the desired consistency.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and salt and pepper.
Source recipe and credit