Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans (white beans, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, whatever you prefer)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chills
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in half, and sliced into thin strips*
- Place all of the ingredients except the corn tortillas in a large slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 8 hours.
- Before serving remove chicken and shred and place it back in the slow cooker.
- Just before serving add the sliced corn tortillas and stir.
- Serve with sharp shredded cheddar, cilantro and crispy tortilla strips if desired.
- *The tortilla strips will not hold up well for the left over soup. If you do not think the soup will be eaten in one serving I suggest placing the tortilla strips in your bowl and ladling the warm soup over the tortillas. They will soften nicely and give it an authentic enchilada taste.