Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 1 lb dry great northern or navy beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 lbs meaty ham bone
- Soak beans according to package directions.
- In a slow cooker, place beans, chopped onion, brown sugar, molasses, tomato sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add water and stir again.
- Add ham bone or bacon and stir.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- When done, stir the mixture and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes with lid slightly open.
- To freeze, cool beans completely, then place in Ziploc bags.
The prep time does not include soaking the beans.