Skinny Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 7 medium sweet potatoes the ones with the orange flesh, skin on
- 30 oz chicken breast 800 g, skinless boneless
- 7 tbsp Skinny Blue Cheese dressing or Ranch dressing
- cilantro or parsley optional – to serve
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, place sweet potatoes on it and bake for 30 minutes or until flesh is very tender (test with a knife). Turn off the oven and keep the sweet potatoes inside to keep them warm.
- In the meantime, place chicken breasts in a large pot, cover with water and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes. Drain and transfer breasts on a cutting board or a plate. When cool enough to handle, shred using two forks or your fingers.
- In another large pot (you can use the same one you used for the chicken) over medium heat, combine hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder. Add butter and whisk while it’s melting.
- When butter is incorporated, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and add shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to cover chicken with sauce.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, cut them in half lengthwise (without cutting them all the way down so that the two parts stay attached together) and stuff them with shredded buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of blue cheese sauce on each sweet potato. Top with fresh herbs if using. Serve immediately.