Simple Almond Tart
- 1 pie crust
- 7 oz. almond paste, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. brandy
- 2 oz. sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Par bake the pie crust if not done already. Cover with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool while making the filling.
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the almond paste and beat in until mostly smooth. It’s almost impossible to get it fully smooth.
Add the eggs, almond extract, orange juice and brandy and beat until mostly smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle the almond topping over the top. It does not need to be perfect. Place back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Remove and let fully cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve with candied cherries and/or vanilla ice cream.
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium low heat until gooey and caramelized. Keep warm until ready to drizzle over the tart.
- The brandy is optional. I like the flavor it adds, but it won’t have a huge impact on the overall flavor. If you don’t have it, just leave it out.
- I like the extra almond flavor the almond extract provides in this recipe, however, you can replace it with vanilla extract if you don’t have almond.
- Refrigerate AT LEAST 3 hours or overnight before slicing. Trying to slice it before it has set fully will result in a goopy mess.
- To freeze: Let the tart cool completely then place it in the freezer for about 8 hours, until frozen through. Wrap the tart in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from bag and plastic wrap. Let thaw in the fridge overnight. Can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes to warm if desired.