Roasted Balsamic Chicken with Cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4-6 sprigs tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs to the marinade, then toss to combine and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add red onions, then scatter chicken thighs between them, pouring the extra marinade on top of the onions. Pour on the cranberries. Place a few sprigs of fresh tarragon on top,
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until juice from chicken run clear (when thickest part reads at least 165 F on a meat thermometer). Serve immediately.