Rhubarb Bars Recipe
For the crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the filling
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar, you may reduced this down to one cup if you prefer more tart dessert
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat the crumbs into a well greased 9 x 13 in baking pan. Bake the crust at 350 F for 10-12 min or until lightly browned.
- While the crust is in the oven, mix together eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Gently stir in the diced rhubarb. Pour the rhubarb mixture over the hot crust. Return bars to the hot oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and bake for 30-35 min or until the filling is set and no longer jiggly
- Cool for 30 mins on the counter and the refrigerate until chilled before cutting into bars.