Quinoa, Mushroom, and Zucchini Veggie Burgers
- 16 oz. mushrooms chopped
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for frying.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa 3/4 cup dry
- plenty of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or more, if you like spicy!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Cook quinoa according to directions.
Saute mushrooms and zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil with a generous pinch of salt over medium-high heat. Stir only once in the beginning, and allow liquid from vegetables to evaporate. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Mix cooked quinoa, vegetables, and remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Form 6-8 patties with the mixture and fry over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Move patties to parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.