Creamy Tomato Soup with Toasted Cheeses Croutons
- 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 6 slices Bread I used Texas Toast
- 6 slices American Cheese
- In a large saucepan combine all soup ingredients except milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Lower heat to medium low and add milk.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Lightly toast bread.
- Trim crust and cut each into 9 squares.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Cut each cheese slice into 9 squares and top each toast square.
- Broil until lightly brown.
- Place coup in bowls and serve with croutons.