Polka Dot Cookies
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal egg = 1 flax seed meal mixed with 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds, you can use all pecans too but chop these
Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Mix the flax seed meal and water together and set aside so that it can gel a bit.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer – cream the vegan butter and both sugars together until it is light and fluffy. It takes about 5 minutes.
Add the flax meal egg mixture to the creamed sugar mixture and mix together.
In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
Add this and the almond milk, alternately, to the creamed mixture.
Mix well after each addition.
Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, nuts and seeds.
Place Tablespoon full dollops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.