Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Cooking spray, for pan
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. pineapple juice pineapple juice
1/2 c. water
3 large eggs
4 slices pineapple, halved
8 maraschino cherries, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan (generously) with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar, then pour mixture into bottom of bundt pan.
- Place halved pineapple rings and cherries around the bottom of the pan, alternating between each.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, vegetable oil, pineapple juice, water, and eggs. Pour batter over pineapples and cherries. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes in pan, then slide a knife (or a small offset spatula) around edges and center to release cake from pan. Invert cake onto serving tray.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, slicing cake between pineapples.