Pecan Crusted Pork Chops
- 5-6 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard (or your favorite kind)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread a spoonful of mustard on one side of each pork chop, set aside.
- Pour the pecans into a food processor and blend until you have a good crumb consistency. I like to keep it kind of chunky, but you can crush them to a finer texture if you prefer. Set pecans aside in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl beat the egg.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat with the olive oil.
- Dip each pork chop in the egg, then the pecan mixture. Press the pecans into the pork chops lightly to ensure a good solid crust.
- **Optional: Place your breaded pork chops in the fridge for 10 minutes, I think this helps to really seal the crust so the pecans stay on better. However, if you are short on time you can skip this step.
- Cook two pork chops at a time in the skillet, 1-2 minutes on each side. You are just looking for good color here, they will finish baking in the oven.
- Place pan seared pork chops on a baking sheet and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Please note your cooking time will vary based on how thick your pork chops are. I rely on my meat thermometer.