Skip to content
One-Pot Tomato and Basil Tortellini Soup
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 cups fat-free chicken stock
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup fat-free half & half
- 1 jar Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- basil, for garnish
- Place the onion, carrot, and olive oil in a 6-quart dutch oven or soup pot. Simmer over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the fresh basil, chicken stock, milk, half & half, pasta sauce, and diced tomatoes to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the mixture and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the tortellini into the mixture and allow the soup to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.