One Pot Pineapple Chicken (Grilled)
For the Sauce:
- 20 ounces Pineapple Chunks, canned, juice reserved
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
For the Main Dish:
- 2 pounds Chicken, cut into chunks
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into chunks
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Rice, quick-cooking
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth, or more as necessary
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Drain the canned pineapple, reserving the liquid, set aside. Place 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, paprika and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, whisk until combined.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Divide rice, peppers, pineapple between 4 aluminum pie tins. Add the cubed chicken and chopped bacon drizzle with half of the chicken broth, cover and grill for 30 min.
- After 30 minutes, stir and add more broth to the mixture if rice has not fully cooked.
- When rice is tender, remove the pie tins from the grill and serve.