One Pan Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken (keto+gluten free)
- 4 small chicken breast (this was about 1.5 pounds for me)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (half of one small onion)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray or add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with the spice mixture on each size.
- Sear the chicken in the skillet 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon butter in the skillet and add the onion, jalalpenos and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, cream cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Stir mixture until cream cheese melts completely and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the sauce, stir well.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place a lid on the skillet and let simmer over low for 6-8 minutes.
Source recipes and image credit