One Pan Creamy Pesto Penne
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups dry penne (one 12 ounce box)**
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Additional basil for garnish
- In a large skillet or pot bring water, wine and cream to a boil.
- Add the pesto, garlic and penne. Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After ten minutes, check to make sure pasta is tender.
- Top with cheese and basil.
- *Unfortunately, you can’t sub in milk or half and half without risking it curdling. Heavy cream is more stable, and is best suited for this recipe.
- **I used Barilla Gluten Free Penne for this recipe and 10 minutes was perfect. Read the cooking time on the specific time of pasta you are using and adjust accordingly.