Skip to content
One Pan Creamy Pesto Penne
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream*
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups dry penne (one 12 ounce box)**
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Additional basil for garnish
- In a large skillet or pot bring water, wine and cream to a boil.
- Add the pesto, garlic and penne. Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After ten minutes, check to make sure pasta is tender.
- Top with cheese and basil.
- *Unfortunately, you can’t sub in milk or half and half without risking it curdling. Heavy cream is more stable, and is best suited for this recipe.
- **I used Barilla Gluten Free Penne for this recipe and 10 minutes was perfect. Read the cooking time on the specific time of pasta you are using and adjust accordingly.
See other recipes