Nepalese Potato Salad
Nepalese Potato Salad
Nepalese Potato Salad is free HD wallpaper. This wallpaper was upload at May 1, 2019 upload by Patricia in Vegan.
Nepalese Potato Salad and GIVEAWAY!
- 1 pound assorted fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly shelled green peas or frozen peas no need to thaw
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil mustard-canola blended oil, or canola oil (I used canola)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt whisked until smooth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea or kosher salt
- Scrub the potatoes under cold running water and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Place them in a small or medium-size saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pan, and gently boil until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork or knife but still firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Fish the pieces out of the water with a slotted spoon and place them in a medium-size bowl.
- Drop the peas into the potato cooking water and boil them just to warm them up, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain them in a colander, give them a good shake or two to remove any excess water, and add the peas to the potatoes along with the onion.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil appears to shimmer and smells quite pungent, sprinkle in the coriander, cumin, and fenugreek seeds. Allow them to sizzle and turn reddish brown, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle in the cayenne and turmeric, staining the oil with their sunny dispositions. Pour most of the oil out over the potatoes and peas, holding back the seeds in the skillet as much as you can. Scrape these seeds into a mortar and pulverize them into a coarse powder with a pestle. Or if you don’t have one, transfer them to a spice grinder (like a coffee grinder) and grind them. Scrape this blend into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the yogurt, cilantro, and salt to the potatoes and give it all a good stir. Serve at room temperature.
Nepalese Potato Salad is high definition wallpaper and size this wallpaper is 735x1737. You can make Nepalese Potato Salad For your Desktop Wallpaper, Tablet, Android or iPhone and another Smartphone device for free. To download and obtain the Nepalese Potato Salad images by click the download button below to get multiple high-resversions.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.