Mom’s Cuban Flan Recipe
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cream cheese bar, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For caramel:
- 1 cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients, except vanilla and sugar, in blender and beat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla into blender mixture and pulse until well-combined.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Once melted, immediately pour the melted sugar (caramel) into a round pan and swirl it around so it
- coats entire pan.
- Pour blender with flan ingredients into pan with swirled caramel.
- Place the flan onto a larger baking pan filled with ½ cup of water.
- Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on oven. Start checking after first 30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t overcook (test with a toothpick).
- Once baking is complete, remove from oven and let stand until cool. Place in the refrigerator until flan gets cold (approximately 3 hours).