Mexican Wedding Cookie Balls
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar, for inside the cookies
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup organic powdered sugar, for coating at the end
Cream the vegan butter and the 1/2 cup of organic powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
It takes a little while to get it light and fluffy and I do this at medium speed. Stir in both of the extracts.
Mix in the flour and ground almonds, salt and stir until smooth.
Chill for one hour.
Form into 1″balls – I use a small cookie scoop. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 300° for 35 minutes.
Transfer to a rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
Roll cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely.
Serve or refrigerate or freeze.