Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 1 cup avocado diced
- 1/3 cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: lime wedges
Place the shrimp, avocado, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tomato sauce, ketchup, orange juice, salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Serve, garnished with lime wedges if desired.