Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 1 cup avocado diced
- 1/3 cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: lime wedges
- Place the shrimp, avocado, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tomato sauce, ketchup, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Serve, garnished with lime wedges if desired.