Mango Overnight Oats with Turmeric and Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 2.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed or use a gluten-free muesli of choice
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds or other seeds or chopped nuts optional
- 1 ripe mango cubed
- 2/3 cup (162.67 ml) non dairy milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground turmeric , or use 1/2 inch peeled turmeric root
- pinch of salt
- 2 drops of vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar , maple or sweetener of choice (or 3 dates)
- Toppings: Fresh berries or mango or other chopped fruit seeds, nuts
Mix the chia seeds in the water. let sit to thicken for 15 mins, then spread at the bottom of the serving jars.
Toast the oats in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 mins. Add the sunflower seeds or nuts half way through. You want to the oats to get just slightly toasty and nutty. Add to the jars.
Blend the mango with the non dairy milk, turmeric, salt and vanilla, sugar/sweetener until smooth.
Pour the mango mixture into the jars and mix lightly to combine with the oats.
Let the mixture chill overnight. Top with fresh fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, and other toppings such as coconut, chia seeds and serve.