Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Bowl
- 10 oz boneless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 slices provolone cheese or queso melting cheese
- Slice chicken breasts into very thin pieces (freeze slightly if desired to make this easier) and place in a medium bowl. Add next 4 ingredients (worcestershire through ground pepper) and stir to coat chicken.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large (9″) oven proof skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned -about 5 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook about 2-3 minutes more or until brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to warm skillet. Then add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook and stir to heated and tender- 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add chicken back to skillet and stir with veggies to combine. Place sliced cheese over all and cover 2-3 minutes to melt.
- Note: Serve up in bowls for those eating low carb. Serve with warm hoagie rolls for others.