Light and Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour you can use all-purpose flour if you wish
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk I use unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- vegan buttery spread for pan
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add wet ingredients, and let rise for about five minutes.
Melt a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large frying pan over medium heat (I have an electric stove and put the burner at about 5).
Spoon the batter into the pan, and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown (about 5 minutes or so).
Flip pancakes and continue to cook until done, about 3 more minutes.
Serve with vegan buttery spread and syrup, or desired fruit topping.
Yes, the amount of baking powder is 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS.