Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less if you don’t like spice)
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until it’s completely melted and just starts to brown.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and saute for 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine, stir, and allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Remove from heat. Taste and add more spices or lemon juice, as needed. Serve warm!