Lemon and Rhubarb Cookies
- 185 grams of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 2 tsp corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 cup of rhubarb chopped
- the zest of two medium lemons
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar extra
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the rhubarb into small pieces and place into a small bowl. Add the extra 1/2 table spoon of sugar, the lemon zest (use more or less depending on how lemony you like your cookies), and lemon juice to the chopped rhubarb, mix well and allow to sit for a little while.
- Cream butter and sugars, then add the egg and mix well.
- Fold in flour and corn flour and then stir through rhubarb mixture.
- Place table spoons (or bigger!) of dough on well greased trays and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- These cookies will not brown, they stay very blonde. When you see them starting to go slightly brown around the edges, take them out, or they will be crumbly not soft and chewy.