Keto No Bake Cookies (Coconut Chocolate)
- 1 1/3 cup (80g) unsweetened dry coconut shreds (must be finely shredded, about 1/8-inch wide shreds)
- 1/2 cup (72g) confectioners swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup (64g) plain creamy peanut butter (sometimes labeled natural: only peanuts and salt in the ingredients)
- 1/4 cup (60g) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (24g) unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hersheys Special Dark dutched cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare a tray lined with parchment paper or wax paper, large enough for 12 cookies in a single layer. Set aside.
In a saucepan, add swerve, peanut butter, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Don’t add the coconut yet. A nonstick pan is best because it allows the dough to form easily, but I’ve also used stainless steel – it will require a bit more work since some ingredients will stick to the pan.
Place the pan over medium-low heat, and use a stiff utensil to constantly stir until it forms a thick and smooth chocolate dough, about 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Stir in the shredded coconut, working it into the dough until incorporated and well-distributed. If easier, you can use your hands to knead them in.
Form the dough into 12 equal-sized balls (about 1.5 inches in diameter) and spread them out on the prepared lined tray. Use a spatula to press down on each ball to form a cookie about 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter.
Refrigerate until fully hardened, about 2 hours. Serve cold, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.