Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts thin-cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crushed pork rind crumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with basil, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and crushed pork rink crumbs and put them on a plate.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then roll them in the dry mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the skillet and cook evenly on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees or higher.
- Turn off the heat to the burner and then heat the broiler function on your oven. While waiting, pour the marinara sauce over the top of the cooked chicken.
- Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese and place the skillet into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the chicken and serve hot. Enjoy!