Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey I prefer 85% lean, it has more fat which makes for a better burger! If your ground turkey has excess liquid, be sure to set on paper towels to remove the juices.
- 1/2-3/4 of one jalapeño pepper minced(I like it hot so I use 3/4)
- 1 medium size shallot peeled and minced
- zest and of one lime and 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 a teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pico de gallo
- poached egg optional
Note: The ground turkey I buy is the consistency of hamburger. If yours seems to have extra liquid, set on paper towels to drain juices.
Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in bowl and use hands to mix well.
Form into four patties.
Place pan on medium heat.
Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Top with guacamole, pico de gallo and poached egg if desired!