Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey I prefer 85% lean, it has more fat which makes for a better burger! If your ground turkey has excess liquid, be sure to set on paper towels to remove the juices.
- 1/2-3/4 of one jalapeño pepper minced(I like it hot so I use 3/4)
- 1 medium size shallot peeled and minced
- zest and of one lime and 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 a teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pico de gallo
- poached egg optional
- Note: The ground turkey I buy is the consistency of hamburger. If yours seems to have extra liquid, set on paper towels to drain juices.
- Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form into four patties.
- Place pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
- When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top with guacamole, pico de gallo and poached egg if desired!