Italian Meatballs with Ricotta and Basil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix all of the ingredients well. This is easiest with a stand mixer, but will also work well if you use your hands.
- Roll mixture into small tablespoon sized balls and place on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned.
- This makes approximately 60 small meatballs. They can be stored in the freezer.