Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chill sauce such as sambal oelek or sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and stir fry until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and stir fry until it turns a brighter green, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mixture of the honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, broth, chill sauce, lemon zest, garlic, ginger and the mixture of the water and the corn starch, toss to coat and cook until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
Option: Add some cashews with the asparagus.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 288, Fat 7.2g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 87mg, Sodium 584mg, Carbs 16.2g (Fiber 2.7g, Sugars 11g), Protein 36.4g