Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower
- 1 smal l head of caul iflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs, (see note)
- cooking oi l spray
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 scal l ions, finely sl iced
for the sauce (see note)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 garl ic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 tbsp water + 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sri racha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread panko crumbs in a
thin even layer across the surface of the baking sheet. Spray panko crumbs with cooking oi l spray.
Bake crumbs about 5-7 minutes or unti l golden brown.
- Set whisked eggs aside in a smal l bowl . Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip caul iflower in egg mixture and then shake a few times so that excess egg drips off. You don’t
want to dampen your breadcrumbs with excess egg because then they won’t stick to the
caul iflower. Then place into sheet with panko crumbs. Cover caul iflower with panko, pressing the
crumbs gently against the caul iflower to help them stick. Place coated caul iflower on empty
prepared baking sheet. Repeat unti l al l caul iflower is coated.
- Bake for about 1 5-20 minutes or unti l caul iflower is cooked and the coating is a dark golden
- While the caul iflower is cooking, make sauce on the stove. I n a smal l bowl , completely dissolve
cornstarch in water and set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch + water to a smal l pot or saucepan. B ring to a
gentle simmer and sti r a few times unti l ingredients are mixed. This should only take a few seconds.
Then add cornstarch water to the sauce. Sti r immediately to dissolve cornstarch into the sauce. Sti r
occasional ly and let sauce come to a simmer (make sure to sti r otherwise the cornstarch wi l l clump
up) and cook unti l sauce starts to thicken (about 2 minutes).