HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGER
- 1 400g can chickpeas, rinsed well under cold water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely shopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180C or 356F.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and mix until everything is broken down and well combined.
- Take approximately half a cup of mixture and mould into a burger shape with your hands. Do the same with remainder of the mixture.
- Place the veggie burgers on a tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven to cook for 40 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers with your favourite toppings. For these burgers I used red onion, tomato, avocado and baby spinach.